Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ricks Roommate Reunion

The beginning of October I had a really special treat! I traveled to Southern California and met up with 4 of my roommates from Ricks College. We missed Karen, who couldn't make it last minute. It has been maybe 8 years or longer since we were all together. We enjoyed the weekend together in one of my roommates family cabin at Lake Arrowhead. What a treat to pick up where we left off without any interruption. We talked endlessly ... we didn't go anywhere fast. In fact everywhere we went it took us 2 hours to get up and go to the next stop. I think I speak for all of us when I say we left our time together better women, mothers, wives, and friends.

One of the first mornings we went to the Belgian Waffle House in Lake Arrowhead Village. This was the Peach Melba Waffle I got. YUM!

We also tried to get in a little exercise. This picture is worth a million words. Even on our hike we couldn't stop talking! Yes, and Heather always uses her hands!

Our beautiful pedicures!

Here is a collage with many of the pictures I love. Click on it to see it bigger!

This is what we are really like -- even after 15 years! LOVE YOU GIRLS!

I have to add that before we went up to the cabin I had the chance to meet up with a few of my other roommates over the years. I met Jen at a little yogurt shop the night I flew in. Then we got to go out to lunch with Rebecca before we headed up the mountain. I am so grateful for good friends.
And strange to say, but one of the highlights of the trip was a quick drive-by of the house I grew up in. I loved growing up here, and I took a few pictures for memory sake.
My house from the 4th grade until I moved away to college.
Then my parents sold it 6 years ago.
Here my dad carved Brad + Kathy. Love it!
Then here I etched my name! It's still there!

1 comment:

Magnificent Myers said...

We have sppent a half hour looking at all the fun pics. Where to start commenting??? Thanks for sharing. Your family is precious! Happy Birthday Kiah! We'll be thinking of you on Saturday.
Love ya tons.