Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our Month Away - part 1

We are back from our month in Utah. Beware this is a long blog post. Sorry. We spent the last month visiting friends and family in Utah while Joseph studied for finals and for his first round of Dental boards. He took his test last Thursday and flew out for a day and a half to pick us up and return home. We had a very busy trip and spent a week and a half of it with sick kids, so we didn't get to visit as many as we had hoped. But, all in all, we had a great time (although we missed Joseph terribly). I will try to give a quick and condensed version of our stay. I have to say, that this trip would absolutely not have been possible if not for my angel mother. Honestly, she is so amazing, kind, patient, understanding, and great a juggling babies. Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash with you for the month!!

The first weekend in Utah we enjoyed the Spanish Fork fair and the 24th of July festivities. I am hoping to get a few pictures from my sister so stay tuned!

Westover Family Cousins Reunion

The first full week we were in Utah we had Joseph's three older sisters and their husbands and kids visit us from AZ and Vegas. In total their were 21 cousins, 10 years old and under. Two of the three families stayed with us at my parents house, so let me tell you - it was a busy house! We had a blast. We met at the BYU creamery, had a picnic with Grandpa and Grandma Adams, went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, the kids did Seven Peaks, and the girls had a Pamper party. Their was lots of swimming, Popsicles, and hugs. The cousins hadn't seen each other for over a year so we had a great time re-connecting! Thanks guys for making the trip to spend time together! We loved it!


Pamper Party and Tea

Let me tell you how fun this was!!! Joseph sent me to the Primrose Retreat (oh my, it was heavenly) for another day of relaxation. We spent our 7th anniversary apart - so he decided to send me there on our anniversary. Besides sending me to the day spa, he also set up a pamper party for the girls and their cousins. This place was a princess heaven. It included dress-ups (and a cat walk in the middle of the room to dance and show off for the big screen TV in front of them), a manicure or pedicure, and a tea party. The girls had cousins with them from both sides of their family. I am sure it will be a long lasting memory.

1 comment:

Michelle Perry said...

Oh No! I can't believe you're gone already and we only got together that one time! Has it already been a whole month? It was fun to see you and your kiddos. Maybe someday I can make a trip out there with my hubby and come visit. We've never been out that way!