Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kiah Turns "6"


Kiah turned "6" on January 6th!!! It was a very special day for her, because we were traveling back from Arizona on her birthday. So, that lucky girl got to celebrate in three places - AZ, on the plane, and then we took her out for a special kids meal on our way back from the airport. We left Cottonwood for the airport around 7am with Nana. Then Aunt Sarah and Tarah met us at the airport for a special birthday celebration. They brought a special donut birthday cake and wished us farwell.




Even Tate swiped a piece!

Saying goodbye to Nana and the girls!!! These ladies (and papa and Jordan) made it all possible for us to take our trip to Israel. Without them it would not have happened!!! Thanks again!





Then on the airplane Kiah got the royal treatment. First they wished her Happy Birthday over the loud speaker (and everyone in the plane cheered for her.) Then during the flight, she was brought a special "Southwest" cake (made out of toilet paper) and a birthday crown (made out of packages of peanuts). They went out of their way to make her day special. It was awesome! Thank you Southwest!!!




Then later that week we celebrated at home with presents. Kiah had been asking for 2 things: a "real" guitar, and dress-up wedding gown. She loved both, and even got some special guitar lessons from dad!



We love after Halloween sales! This picture will be a fun one to compare with a FUTURE event.
A beautiful bride and birthday girl!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Lisa- I don't know if you remember me but I grew up in Cornville with all the Westover kids. I'm the same age as Jacob. My mom or someone gave me your blog address when you had the twins and I've checked it a few times since then to see your cute family. I just found out I am expecting twins and would love to be able to e-mail you some questions about handling 2 babies at once. My e-mail is erinladybug@yahoo.com or my blog is thewhitmers.blogspot.com Thanks!- Erin (Diehl) Whitmer

Kendyl said...

Lisa! Looks like your Christmas was so much fun. Your kids are adorable! Did you guys really go to Israel? How cool! Hope you're doing great, we think about you guys often!

Unknown said...

How wonderful for Kiah. How great to have her "Golden Birthday" when she can actually appreciate it.

I can't believe how big the twins are getting.

Eric and Jenny said...

I can't believe Southwest went to all that trouble, that is so darling, I bet she felt pretty special. Makes me want to fly Southwest now what a nice thing to do for a little birthday girl. She is so cute, I am glad she had a great day!

Tiffany Cramer said...

I love that Kiah asked for a wedding gown! What a cutie! I am glad she had a lot of birthday celebrations! We'll have to give her some box tops as a late birthday present. (We have been saving them for her!)

ang said...

Oh Lisa! Its so good to see what your family has been up to and that you are all back home safe and sound. Love all the pictures! Your girls + Tate are so adorable! Fun for you to take a trip alone with your honey. =o) And Nana is so creative with the donut cake!

Nicole said...

I love that cute pink guitar! So big and so beautiful. Happy birthday Kiah!