Monday, December 8, 2008

Wish you were here!

I really do wish you were here today. So, I usually make a big Walmart grocery trip about once a month. It's not super close, but I can't bear to pay the prices of the local grocery store because I know I can get it so much cheaper at Walmart. Anyway, so today I left with the girls early (so we wouldn't have to worry about it being too busy) and trekked to Walmart. As you are all aware, I have 3 girls (one too many to fit in the already extended cart) and I have a very huge tummy - that draws lots of attention. Well, I shouldn't say that just my tummy draws attention, but the whole circus altogether draws a lot of attention. So, anyway... we were checking out - and of course we had a full cart - so I needed to go get another cart so we could put the bagged groceries into it while I was still taking groceries out of the other one (this is very common for many of you - and isn't the first time for me either - but it gets better). We filled up 2 carts with groceries and kids. I asked for help out to my car - but of course became impatient waiting for anyone and decided to do it myself. So here I am - this huge pregnant lady, with 3 kids in the extended children seat at the back of the cart - pushing one cart and pulling another. Did I mention that I had so many groceries that I even had them underneath. Well, that's important because I get close to the door and I lost something from the bottom but didn't realize it because it was from the back cart. So I thanked the nice person who picked it up for me - but didn't offer to help me out to the car - and kept going. Then I get to the second door and lose something else. Then as I turn to pick that up, Eva jumps out of the cart and dashes across the street. Thank goodness everyone was so enthralled with this huge women and her convoy that they noticed Eva getting out and didn't hit her. So you think that's enough - no, I start across the street (and by the way I now caused a traffic jam in the store of people trying to get out the doors) and then I lose 3 gallons of milk all over the street. The bell ringer stopped and came and helped me pick them up (nice man!). I did make it the rest of the way to my car, and after 20 minutes of packing the car, and 1 hour putting groceries away - I was finally done. But, I have to say I did start contracting and thought I might possible have the twins today - but alas... I still probably have one more Walmart trip in me. But next time I wish you were here!!!!

13 comments:

Kendyl said...

You poor thing! It's hard enough with 2 kids, let alone 3 and a belly! You're brave though, I usually wait for Jeff to get home and then end up doing late night shopping by myself! Sad that my 'own time' consists of going to walmart and the grocery store! Such is life as a mommy tho...and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Amber Marcum said...

Lisa, I love you and wish I had seen that! Don't you love it! At least now you can look back and laugh. :)

Sara Liechty said...

Oh my goodness...I'm glad you made it. Those Walmart trips are tough. I remember well, being single with 3 kids and a belly and having to make those trips. Those fun trips are something you will laugh about later. If I was there I would have helped you as much as I could! And helped you put all those groceries away! Love you girl!

Michelle Perry said...

Oh you poor thing. Hope you know that many of us can truly comiserate with you!

Lora said...

Oh man!! That is insane! So glad that you made it out alive! Well I guess when your ready for the twins you will know that Wal-Mart is the place to go to get your labor started.

Kristen said...

Oh, Lisa! I think I would have been in tears by the end of that. I'm sorry! I hope your next trip goes better, and wish I could help! At least I could watch the kids so you could take a leisurely trip to the store!

Katie Morgan said...

I can't even imagine!! You are so brave!! I will always stop and help the pregnant lady that has 3 existing kids and 2 carts full of groceries!!!
P.S. Rich's (Kindred) wife just had twins on Dec 2. That makes #6 and #7. He has 2 older boys,then triplets, and now twins...imagine that in your situation...YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!!

Joy said...

Don't you love it when people just stare instead of help! I've had those days. My favorite is when someone has to go potty just as you've gotten to the front of the line and are unloading your groceries onto the conveyer belt! That happened to me this week! Take it easy though! This is your time to take a pass on anything physically challenging!

Jaimee Blood said...

Some of my worst experiences have happened at the grocery story--way to survive that trip. It's no fun!

Anonymous said...

So funny you wrote about this, because everytime, without fail, that I go to WalMart, I end up having some sort of trauma. But, like you, I feel the need to go because of the prices. I feel for you!

I bet you are so excited to have your little twins!! I am excited for you!

KevDebKlan said...

I think that is how my walmart trips go just about every time. I'd like to tell you it gets easier but I wouldn't want to get your hope up. Just wait until you have two car seats to put in the cart. Then you don't have room for other kids let alone groceries. You end up going to the store every day to pick up a few things because thats all that will fit in your cart. Then after they are out of carseats they step all over whatever you put in the cart or throw it out! All the while draging your other kids who are running all over the store and grabing and begging for everything they can touch. Or you end up going at 10:00 at night because thats the only time you can get away alone. Its all fun thought and OH so worth it. That much I can promise you. You are doing amazing and will be so good at it. Keep us posted on babies. Merry Christmas!

Team Gilmore said...

OKay Lisa, that is so classic. I hate Walmart, especially the ghetto-Mart here in the Burgh, but I'm with you. How can you NOT shop during these poorer days, when it is so much cheaper. I always somewhow pick the rainiest days to go with my 2 girls and end up losing things and drenched...but never 2 carts at once and prego with twins. I think you take the prize for that.. I also had my wallet stolen from there last summer - eek! Anyhow, next time (I am NOT kidding), I am right on the way. You drip the girls off while you go. It will be much easier and much more do-able all around I should think! So glad you are here!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Oh Lisa...you are the biggest tropper I know!! I seriously can NOT believe that no one would offer to help you!!??